Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Colorful Paper Chains

A pattern that I have noticed in my walk with God over the past few years is that every time I begin to feel content, He adds something to my life to spice it up and make it more interesting.  He doesn't always add something that makes life more interesting in an enjoyable way, but it is always for the good.

Tonight, over dinner with a friend, I was looking back and noticing how God adds and uses these things in an overlapping fashion.  I also noticed that because they overlap, I have never been unprepared for any of the curve balls that have been thrown at me.  Although it is sometimes very hard, I can definitely look back and say that with God's help, I have successfully overcome the trials that have come along with the changes that have made my life interesting.

I kind of feel like life is like a colorful paper chain.  A colorful paper chain is made up with a bunch of different colors that are all connected.  Each of the colors represent a different season of life.  The links in the chain are all different colors, yet they are all connected to the colors around them.  Also, by looking at the chain of colors, you can see how they all come together to make something beautiful.  By looking at the chain of seasons in our life, it is easy to look back and see how they all came together to make something beautiful.  I know this isn't the best analogy, but it popped into my head as I was writing this blog post. ;)  Oh! Also, the different links in the chain can also work together to make the chain stronger.  Just like how we come out stronger after the seasons in our lives.  (I'm not sure if my analogy is working, but it works for me!)

Now that I have come up with this analogy, I can visualize the chain of seasons that I have been through in life.  I think that currently in my life, I am working on the beginning of a brand new link in my chain.  This excites me! I can't wait to see what God does in my life during this new season.  I know It's going to be great, and that I'm going to come out stronger yet!

For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace. — Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NLT)

For everything there is a season, another color; or link in the chain of our lives.

Cana <3

No comments:

Post a Comment