Thursday, October 17, 2013

Set Your Mind on Things Above

Today has been such an interesting day.  I've been realizing lately how trivial things are in life when compared to the big picture.  I've also been realizing how much I have dwelt on those trivial things, and how hard it is not to.  Although some of the things that I think about are not directly sinful to think about, it is still such a waste of time that I could be spending focused on Christ.

How would my life be different if I eliminated the pattern of dwelling on trivial thoughts from my life?  I feel like it would cause so much room for growth! This is what I am going to be working on.

Application Verse: Colossians 3:1-4: "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Set our minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.  When then you also will appear with him in glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment